Looking for resources for your full-time job search or within your academic school? Visit Career Services.
Job search resources
General Resume Advice:
- Student Employment Resume Tip Sheet
- Integrating Academics into a Resume
- 43 Resume Tips that Will Get You Hired
- Resume Tips & Tricks
- Job Application Keyword Search Tool
Creating Effective Bullet Points:
- Article: "How to Create Great Accomplishment Statements"
- Video: Using the WHO Statement to Create Effective Bullet Points
- Video: How to Write Strong Bullet Points
Also, check out this webpage dedicated to resume writing.
Cover Letter Guides & Worksheets:
- Student Employment Cover Letter Tip Sheet
- Guide: Cover Letter Overview & Examples
- Worksheet: Building Your Cover Letter
Cover Letter Articles & Tips:
- Article: How to Write a Cover Letter
- Article: 31 Tips for Cover Letter Writing
- Article: Write a Cover Letter in 5 Easy Steps
Also, check out this webpage dedicated to cover letter writing.
Interview Research & Preparation Worksheets:
- Worksheet: Student Employment Interview Prep
- Worksheet: Student Employment Interview Preparation Packet
Interview Preparation Guides:
- Article: 10 Best Questions to Ask in an Interview
- Article: The Ultimate Interview Guide
- Article: Guide to 46 Most Common Interview Questions
- Video: Using the STAR Method to Answer Questions
Phone Interview Tips:
Also, check out this webpage dedicated to interview tips and strategies.
Guidelines & Resources:
- Handout: Checking on Applications via Email
- Article: Gathering Great References
- Article: Time Management Tips for Your Job Search
- Informational Interview Guide
- Network Tracker
- Elevator Pitch Planner & Job Fair Checklist
- Networking Action Plan
Need employment during COVID-19? Need funding assistance due to the reduction of your student employment position? Check out the below resource:
Review this often, as it will be updated with new resources and opportunities as we learn of them. For financial aid and funding support, please visit this page for more information from the Office of Student Financial Services.
Our office has created some additional resources that may be helpful for you to consider in the job search process this year:
Need additional guidance or want help with your applications? Chat with us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 317-274-0857, or use the virtual drop-in or appointment services listed above. We’re here to help!
Job success and professionalism resources
IU HR has partnered with LinkedIn Learning to provide current IU staff, faculty, and students with access to an online library of more than 15,000 expert-led video tutorials and courses. Expand and improve your business, technology and creative skills on your schedule, from any device, anywhere.