Looking for resources for your full-time job search or within your academic school? Visit Career Services.
Job search resources
General Resume Advice:
- Student Employment Resume Tip Sheet
- Integrating Academics into a Resume
- 43 Resume Tips that Will Get You Hired
- Resume Tips & Tricks
- Job Application Keyword Search Tool
Creating Effective Bullet Points:
- Article: "How to Create Great Accomplishment Statements"
- Video: Using the WHO Statement to Create Effective Bullet Points
- Video: How to Write Strong Bullet Points
Also, check out this webpage dedicated to resume writing.
Cover Letter Guides & Worksheets:
- Student Employment Cover Letter Tip Sheet
- Guide: Cover Letter Overview & Examples
- Worksheet: Building Your Cover Letter
Cover Letter Articles & Tips:
- Article: How to Write a Cover Letter
- Article: 31 Tips for Cover Letter Writing
- Article: Write a Cover Letter in 5 Easy Steps
Also, check out this webpage dedicated to cover letter writing.
Interview Research & Preparation Worksheets:
- Worksheet: Student Employment Interview Prep
- Worksheet: Student Employment Interview Preparation Packet
Interview Preparation Guides:
- Article: 10 Best Questions to Ask in an Interview
- Article: The Ultimate Interview Guide
- Article: Guide to 46 Most Common Interview Questions
- Video: Using the STAR Method to Answer Questions
Phone Interview Tips:
Also, check out this webpage dedicated to interview tips and strategies.
Guidelines & Resources:
- Handout: Checking on Applications via Email
- Article: Gathering Great References
- Article: Time Management Tips for Your Job Search
- Informational Interview Guide
- Network Tracker
- Elevator Pitch Planner & Job Fair Checklist
- Networking Action Plan