Posting Positions through IUPUITalent
IUPUI departments, as well as community businesses and organizations, are encouraged to post all college work experiences for current IUPUI students in IUPUITalent so students may access those through JagJobs.
Employers can use IUPUITalent to do the following:
- Post available college work experiences to over 30,000 IUPUI students enrolled in over 200 degree programs from both Indiana University and Purdue University.
- Tailor job postings to target students of specific majors and class standings as well as grade point averages.
- Request application materials from students, including resumes, cover letters, unofficial transcripts, and writing samples, as well as review all student applications for positions.
- Review and submit students’ work-study authorization forms to hire students with work-study funding (on campus and approved community work-study agencies only).
Creating Position Descriptions
Recruiting IUPUI Students
Use the following tips to successfully recruit IUPUI students:
- Ask your current student employees to spread the word about the position. Not only will this empower them, but their skill sets can also grow by participating in the process. They may even have contacts in their own networks who are interested.
- Engage with IUPUI’s over 300 student clubs and organizations. Many will be able to disseminate the job opportunities to their membership.
- Post job opportunities on your social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will review your posting for potential sharing on our social media outlets.
- Attend other campus events that aren’t job or career fairs to reach out to more students.
- Revisit applications from previous candidates if you have posted the same position or similar ones in the past.