Being prepared for an interview is very important. Here are some example questions and tips on answering them.
- What interested you in this position?
- What is one thing in the job description that you will excel at?
- What is one thing in the job description that will be a challenge for you?
- How does this job complement your academics?
- Describe a time when you made a mistake and how you handled it.
- Tell about a time when you worked on a team, your role, and the outcome.
- Give an example of a time you experienced a conflict and how you resolved it.
- How would you handle a disgruntled customer?
- What would you do if you were given a project but were unsure how to complete it?
- What would you do if you had a meeting in five minutes, but were distracted by other company-related responsibilities?
Some job opportunities may require you to take assessments before moving forward in the interview process. Remember:
- Be honest.
- Know the job qualifications beforehand.
- Tie skills and personality traits with situational and behavioral questions.