Featured Student Employees Program
- Featured Student Employees
The feature student employee opportunity accomplishes two key goals. First, we want to show our appreciation to amazing student employees across campus and allow them to shine for the campus to congratulate. Second, this is an opportunity to feature wonderful part-time opportunities on campus for students to consider. We cover recruitment timelines and show off the work spaces of the departments, which offers an excellent recruitment tool for you to use as you search for new student employees.
The employer relations consultant will outreach to your department or school via email to announce the opportunity to refer a student employee within your area for our feature student employee. While there is no selection criteria that you must follow, the email will outline questions to think about when selecting a student employee. The timeline for the feature program is below. Please feel free to get a jump start on identifying your feature selection.
The timeline is subject to change, if necessary.
Schools and Departments to Be Featured
Office of Community Engagement & the Division of Student Affairs
Herron School of Art and Design & Office of Enrollment Management
Student Employee, Team, and Supervisor of the Year Recognition
UITS & Alumni Relations
Division of Undergraduate Education & School of Optometry
IU School of Medicine & Office of the Vice President and CFO
Office of Academic Affairs & Honors College
School of Science & Office of International Affairs
Kelley School of Business & Philanthropy
School of Social Work & School of Education
School of Public and Environmental Affairs
Once a featured student employee has been selected, the student employment media team will reach out to schedule a time to video interview the student employee and the employee's supervisor. We will showcase the media pieces across the campus and provide the department with a media packet to use for marketing.
Media packets for the department to use will include:
- Two-to-three minute video showcasing the student employee, supervisor, and employee's position.
- News feature that will be showcased on student employments website and through JagNews.
- Social media packet with posts for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for you to use to show off your student employee.
Student employments marketing plan includes:
- Posting features via JobsforJags Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts
- Posting video to the student employment website
- Posting pictures and featured student information via campus TVs
- Submitting an article to JagNews and on the student employment website
All student features will stay up throughout campus for two weeks during the featured month. You are welcome to showcase the students as long as you want!
Questions? Please email Lauren DeHaan, employer relations consultant.