Seeking a new or first position on campus?
- At this time, due to budget constraints, the university has lifted the hiring freeze for any work-study funded positions. Those students who can see an “SU” or “AY 20-21” Federal Work-Study Award showing in their financial view in One.IU.edu are eligible for hire at this time and can begin to search for positions.
- To understand your IUPUI financial view go here.
- We encourage all students who are not work-study eligible to finalize their resumes in preparation for job searching when the hiring freeze is lifted. Need job search assistance for part-time jobs in the Indy area? We can assist you in getting started. See information below on how to schedule appointments with office staff.
Returning to the same position for fall semester from spring 2020?
- Reach out to your supervisor to ensure that there is still an employment opportunity available. Budget constraints and changes to campus services may have impacted the number and types of positions in departments.
- Returning students should check to see if they have a work-study award on their financial view and report to their supervisor those findings. Print off a copy of the FAN letter to provide to your supervisor as verification of the work-study award on your account.
Our office will continue to offer 30-minute appointments virtually. To book an appointment with us, please follow the instructions provided here. Please note that virtual appointments take place over Zoom. Your booking confirmation will include the instructions to log in.
Our office will continue offering drop-in services virtually during Tuesday–Thursday, 1:00–3:00 p.m. Virtual drop-ins will be conducted through Zoom. During drop-in times, please log in from a computer or mobile device using this link: https://iu.zoom.us/my/future.
Additionally, students are welcome to continue utilizing the online submission for resume and cover letter review at this link.
In addition, due to the rapidly evolving novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, and with the health and safety of our guests in mind, the Office of Student Employment is hosting virtual events at this time.
It's time to save the date for the Part-Time Job Fair! This year, the event will be hosted virtually on September 3, 12:00–4:00 p.m. More details will be coming soon.
To see other upcoming virtual events and workshops, please view the events page.
Human Resources (HR) has worked through policies and procedures surrounding President McRobbie’s announcement on March 23, 2020, surrounding pay for university employees and university operations. It should be noted that student employees are considered temporary employees by the university. Guidelines, pay codes, and information on how this pay will be determined and processed is now available. Please stay in touch with your supervisor for updates and refer to this HR link for needed processes and FAQs.
Things to know:
- Each temporary employee record is treated independently when determining COVID pay.
- COVID pay was effective for time forward from 3/23/2020 and until 6/30/2020.
- Specific questions should be sent to AskHR@iu.edu.
Need employment during COVID-19? Need funding assistance due to the reduction of your student employment position? Check out the below resource:
COVID-19 employment opportunities & resources
Review this often, as it will be updated with new resources and opportunities as we learn of them. For financial aid and funding support, please visit this page for more information from the Office of Student Financial Services.
Need additional guidance or want help with your applications? Chat with us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 317-274-0857, or use the virtual drop-in or appointment services listed above. We’re here to help!